UK Key Digital Trends 2014: How Are Mobile Usage, Big Data & Ad Buying Options Influencing The Digital Ecosystem?
22 April 2014
In 2014, mobile devices are continuing to reshape the behaviour of UK consumers and marketers alike. Advertisers must weigh the advantages of real-time ad buying and content marketing and come to grips with the issues and challenges surrounding big data.
eMarketer reports provide marketers with benchmark data and insights to inform their strategy and decisions. The report will answer the following key questions:
23 pagesSponsored by:
- How is the proliferation of media devices and platforms changing UK consumer behaviour?
- How are mobile phones and tablets changing shopping and buying habits in the UK?
- How is the notion of big data affecting UK marketers and consumers?
- How are developments in real-time ad buying and native advertising changing the game for marketers and consumers?
22 April 2014
The State of Ad Viewability – Find out what you need to know
In 2012, 1.8 trillion display ads were paid for, but not seen. For advertisers looking for results, this is an unnecessary waste of effort and budget!
Thankfully, advertisers, publishers and ad vendors are now rallying towards a new viewability standard. This is a step change in accountability which will ensure brands and advertisers benefit from knowing that their ads are seen, eliminating waste, and increasing campaign effectiveness.
In order to understand the state of viewability today, Quantcast studied and evaluated more than 100 million impressions across 35 campaigns and six exchanges from August to October 2013. This paper will share the findings from these studies, and cover four steps advertisers can take to incorporate viewability into their campaigns.6 pagesSponsored by:
15 January 2014
Analyse Your Full Funnel Campaign Performance
With tons of data available throughout the customer journey, it’s important for advertisers to know which metrics will help them determine their online ad effectiveness.
Evaluate your own performance with these simple questions every advertiser should ask.
Download it and:
3 pagesSponsored by:
- Learn the ad terminology needed to understand campaigns from start to finish
- Determine where and if you need retargeting
- Gather key insights and maximise campaign ROI
15 January 2014
Over the past few years, we've seen advertisers increase their display ad spend to reach more customers online where they spend the majority of their time.
In an industry that is constantly innovating, we know the challenge to achieve higher performance goals becomes more and more difficult. Whether you’re new to online advertising or a seasoned pro, read our game plan to evaluate and improve your display performance.
Download this guide to:
16 pagesSponsored by:
- Understand the impact of real-time bidding (RTB)-powered display
- Measure your campaigns beyond last click data
- Learn more about what drives your conversions
12 November 2013
We're all familiar with the usefulness of search engines to answer a specific or immediate need for information online. And because consumers expect to click to find what they’re looking for, click measurement is typically an effective metric for evaluating the success of search campaigns.
But relying on clicks to drive conversions for display advertising is often a dead end. We’ve found that consumers most likely to click on display ads are often vastly different from an advertiser’s best-performing customers. This means that optimising display campaigns for clicks often means anti-optimising for sales.
Read this expert report to:
5 pagesSponsored by:
- Understand the differences in evaluating search vs. display ad performance
- Optimise your campaign for conversions — instead of clicks
- Learn how to better assess display ad effectiveness
23 April 2013
Brand storytelling, when done right, allows marketers to lead customers on a journey, captivating them and inspiring them to convert. A recent move by Coca-Cola has seen their corporate website transform into a “dynamic, digital magazine” aiming to tell their brand story in a creative, refreshing way. Macmillan Cancer Support's current 'Not alone' campaign tells a powerful story and drives donations as it brings Macmillan front of mind for cancer patients and their friends and families.
So as more and more organisations jump on the content marketing bandwagon, this Brand Republic webcast reveals what it takes to build a flexible strategy with a unified brand message that truly resonates with your audience.
Tune in live as we reveal the results of our survey on content marketing and hear:
- How to create rich content and engaging, interactive user experiences across video, mobile and social media
- How to successfully translate this customer engagement to your bottom line
- Who is best placed to create the content within your team. Is creating imaginative content instinctive or can it be taught?
- How to coordinate and manage your content marketing strategy to create a unified voice and message across multiple channels
Speakers:Alastair Mackie, Head of Digital Development, Advertising, Financial Times
Louise Bolt, Digital Marketing Officer, Macmillan Cancer Support
Steve Smith, Managing Director, Ear to the GroundModerated by Georgia Cockerell, Head of Content, Brand Republic Insight60 minutesSponsored by:
20 March 2013
New rules from the UK Committee on Advertising Practices (CAP) covering online behavioural advertising (OBA), came into effect on the 4th of February 2013. For the first time, the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) will regulate the way that ad networks and third parties use online behavioural tracking and targeting technologies such as cookies.
Thousands of advertisers are in breach of this rule so what happens if you are not compliant and how will this impact your marketing?
Firstly, to comply with these rules, adverts based on browsing history data, will have to include information explaining to consumers that they have been targeted using OBA and advertisers must provide users with a way to opt out.
If you are an advertiser, agency, publisher or ad network, tune in live to our next webcast where we’ll be drilling into the new CAP rules, consumer attitudes to OBA and the steps you need to take to ensure you are compliant. Find out how to build trust by giving consumers transparency, notice and choice.
Speakers:Danilo Labovic, Managing Director EMEA, TRUSTe
Nick Stringer, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB)
Alan Walker, Managing Partner, WebAds UKModerated by Philip Smith, Head of Content Solutions and Video, Brand Republic Group60 minutesSponsored by:
05 February 2013
The online retail industry is developing at a rapid pace; evolving in line with new technology, with the multi-platform nature of the modern shopper’s purchase journey and the ever increasing expectations of consumers. Digital engagement is no longer just happening at home or at work but on the go as well and the advent of 4G services will greatly enhance the mobile internet experience. Retailers are looking to innovative ways to cater for the connected consumer’s requirements. Amongst the mix of technology and systems, channels and platforms, domestic and international markets, the need to focus on what the customer wants must form the core of all investment decisions.
This expert report reveals the latest research with retailers to provide insights into the current state of the market, looking at the important trends and innovations that make up 2013’s online experience. From social media and mobile to emerging platforms and emerging countries download this comprehensive guide and discover what flexible, savvy retailers must do to stay ahead of the curve.32 pagesSponsored by:
16 July 2013
Which digital marketing trends will take off in 2013? To get the big picture, Brand Republic asked 200 marketers about which channels performed best for them last year.
This hard-hitting report reveals the most insightful findings from the survey and features success stories from brands like IKEA and McDonald's.
Download this report, which is brought to you by Citrix GoToWebinar, to discover the 3 Cs of modern digital marketing:
- Channels: From email through to mobile, social and webinars, what is working and why?
- Content: What innovation and messaging is driving the most engagement?
- Cash: How can the latest channels and ideas ultimately help your bottom line in 2013
By clicking on the link to download this file you will receive exclusive industry research, webinars and content specific to your field from Citrix GoToWebinar.6 pagesSponsored by:
24 January 2013
With the average student spending over 3.7 hours a day online and a combined spending power of more than £13 billion, the student market can be a highly lucrative one. The ongoing rapid development of this group means creating innovative communication strategies and forecasting trends to keep up with spending patterns is increasingly vital.
In this live Brand Republic webcast we provide you with insights into the latest student trends, attitudes and lifestyles to help you focus your campaigns, making them more relevant, exciting and profitable.
• Email marketing: Discover which content resonates best with students and the optimum time to target them
• Social media: Identify how to connect with your target audience, capturing and retaining their interest
• Mobile: Learn how to integrate mobile seamlessly into your student marketing strategy
• Online advertising: Target your ads to win trust and enhance click through rates
Speakers:Keith Parkman, Head of Sales, UCAS MediaModerated by Alex Whitson, Director, Brand Republic InsightSponsored by:
05 December 2012
As the dust settles on a volatile year for digital marketing, with new channels gathering prominence and others falling by the wayside, this live webinar will reveal what we should take from 2012 to drive digital growth in the year ahead. Tune in to this interactive webinar for real answers to the big questions:
- Channels: from email through to mobile, social and webinars what is working and why?
- Content: what innovation and messaging is driving the most engagement?
- Cash: how can the latest channels and ideas ultimately help your bottom line in 2013
Speakers:Christelle Chan, Marketing Director, Hotels.com
Jacqui O'Beirne, Head of Digital Marketing, Dogs Trust
Alastair Mackie, Head of Digital Development, Advertising, Financial TimesModerated by Alex Whitson, Director, Brand Republic InsightSponsored by:
31 October 2012
As the dust settles on a volatile year for digital marketing, with new channels gathering prominence and others falling by the wayside, this survey focuses on what we should take from 2012 to drive digital growth in the year ahead.
Take part in our quick 10 question survey ‘Digital On Trial: Harness 2012’s Key Trends To Seize Opportunities In 2013’ and…
- Receive a copy of the whitepaper informed by the results of this survey featuring tips on where you shoudl focus your efforts and how you can spark digital growth in the year ahead
- Receive the answers to the survey to reveal where your marketing peers stand in comparison
- Receive details on the live webinar on 5th December informed by the results of this survey
22 October 2012
In 2011 the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) calculated that £1 in every £4 spent on advertising in the UK was spent online and yet many businesses still struggle to monetise their digital propositions effectively.
Download this expert report for 5 key steps to help you formulate an effective and profitable digital advertising strategy. Pinpoint where to focus your efforts so that nothing is wasted and every penny counts.14 pagesSponsored by:
01 August 2012
Today's digital landscape is littered with an array of touchpoints and devices; from Twitter to iPads and so on. So how can marketers ensure they deliver a consistent customer experience across a range of digital platforms?
This complimentary Forrester report defines the key steps you need to know to build and deliver a unified customer experience when operating in a digital whirlwind.17 pagesSponsored by:
02 August 2012
From email marketing to social media and mobile, the opportunities for rich, compelling content and interactive consumer experiences are vast.
This live Brand Republic webcast is packed with useful case studies helping you to address the challenges of marketing to savvy connected consumers.
Tune in for five valuable steps to help you drive engagement, interaction and sales:
1. COLLECT the most valuable information at every customer touch point from social media to email marketing
2. ANALYSE what customer insight is of most value to your business
3. DECIDE how to best capitalise on this insight within your campaigns
4. DELIVER the right messages using the right channels to drive maximum engagement and sales
5. MANAGE and measure your campaigns to help extract maximum value out of every single one of your customers…and prove it!
Speakers:Blair Reeves, Product Marketing Manager, IBM
Holly Howell, Campaign Manager, Krispy KremeModerated by Alex Whitson, Director, Brand Republic Insight60 minutesSponsored by:
15 March 2012
With the explosion of online advertising, many brands have taken a scattergun approach to reach their audience. But consumers are now demanding more focused, targeted and personalised communications. In Brand Republic’s next webcast, we’ll tackle the move from offline to online advertising and show how effective consumer insight can advance your online campaigns and drive conversions. We’ll be looking at:
- Current growth trends in online advertising:
a) How does online measure up to offline including print and TV?
b) What’s fresh, what’s old hat and what’s wasted?
- Driving conversions: Identify the right audience and target ads to help extend your reach, maximise revenue and enhance brand awareness - while still respecting user privacy.
- With reduced budgets, brands need to ensure that each £ is spent efficiently: Use the right metrics to really understand the impact of each strand of your online advertising campaign and drive ROI.
Speakers:Laurence Bresh, Marketing Director, Visit Britain
John Ferguson, Associate Director, Research NowModerated by Philip Smith, Head of Content Solutions and Video, Brand Republic Group60 minutesSponsored by: