10 October 2014
This hugely popular eBook forms part of our Power Of Live Series: Social Media Focus and offers a vital checklist to ensure you are making the most of social media within your events.
Download it now to:
- Understand the emerging trends that are driving social media usage around events today
- Set a realistic strategy: How sharable should my content be? What is the monetary value? What role should Apps play? Which platforms should I use?
- Gain 8 Twitter tips on the ideal hashtag, what gets re-tweeted, the optimum tweet length and more…
- Engage key influencers to enhance credibility, spark word of mouth and take your message further
- Pre-, During- and Post- Event Checklist – 19 tickable boxes to ensure you increase the lifespan of your event and maximise audience engagement at every step of the way
08 October 2014
"Social media replaces nothing, but complements everything," according to Neal Schaffer a leading social media strategist. So, when it comes to one of the most potent and exciting mediums available – live events – how can social media channels be deployed most effectively?
As the first part of our Power Of Live Series: Social Media Focus we want to hear from marketers and event professionals on what you are doing here? Please take 2 minutes (literally, we timed it!) to complete our short 10 question survey. As a thank you, we will:
- Send you top level findings of the survey, which will identify key trends
- Send you a complimentary expert report (worth £450) on social media and event best practice
- Enter you into a prize draw to win a prize (check back to discover what it is!)*
* Terms and conditions apply. In taking part in this survey you agree to our terms and conditions, to view these click here. Entries close 11:59pm 31st December 2014.Sponsored by:
24 September 2012
The London 2012 Olympic Games have come and gone and it’s time to reflect on what we’ve learned from the self-professed greatest event on earth. In this expert report we evaluate the promotional strategies of the London 2012 events team to assess what worked, what could have been done better and what you should apply in your own event promotion. From choosing the right branding to ticketing and managing security, we offer the eight most valuable lessons to remember from the London Olympics. Download your free copy here.1 pageSponsored by:
07 August 2012
As an event organiser, your customer database is the most important tool in promoting your events and with a plethora of evolving social media channels at your finger tips, this is a key place to start. Social media provides a wealth of outlets to showcase your events, connect, engage with and grow a dedicated following. With compelling content and the right monitoring, you can reach dizzying heights. So are you leveraging this properly?
This expert report offers simple steps to help you grow an active, interactive customer database on email and social media. With tips on brand protection to ideas for special offers and competitions, download your copy here and start building a thriving customer fan base.13 pagesSponsored by: